For a Meal Everyone in Your Home Will Love, Give This Classic Lasagna a Try
When it comes to comfort food, little compares to a heaping serving of lasagna. The Italian classic is a household staple for many reasons: it’s budget-friendly, requires few culinary skills, and comes together in approximately an hour. Plus, the savory flavors of classic lasagna are beloved by just about everyone, even picky eaters! Try your hand at this mouthwatering Classic Lasagna recipe tonight.
• 9 lasagna noodles
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1 onion, diced
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
• 1 (15-ounce) package whole milk ricotta
• 3 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
• 1 large egg, beaten
• 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
2. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and onion and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drain excess fat. Stir in tomatoes and Italian seasoning until well combined.
4. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and egg; set aside.
5. Spread 1 cup tomato mixture onto the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish; top with 3 lasagna noodles, 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat with a second layer. Top with remaining noodles, tomato mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan.
6. Place into oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until bubbling. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the top is browned in spots. Let cool 15 minutes. Serve, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Sonoma Palms Apartments in Las Cruces, New Mexico.